Netflix has struggled to retain subscribers recently, but new releases in June 2022 may convince some to stay or resubscribe.
One reason for this is that two of Netflix’s most beloved originals are returning with new seasons. The sixth and final season is first. Peaky Blinders. The British crime drama is airing since 2013. However, it gained popularity after Netflix purchased the streaming rights one year later. Six years later, the story is coming to an abrupt halt. We expect much from the final season, it’s obvious.
The second highly-anticipated return to original series is The Umbrella Academy. Netflix has attempted to adapt many comic books, graphic novels, but few adaptations were as well-received as this one. Season 3 premieres on June 22nd, and you don’t want to miss it.
You can find all the Netflix releases that will be available on this page. Plus, you’ll find some particularly noteworthy titles you can look forward to down below.
The best new Netflix releases for June 2022
Listed below are the 10 movies and shows we’re most excited to watch on Netflix in June. Also, we’ve included descriptions so you know what to expect.
- Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol | June 1st
- Hustle | June 8th
- After discovering a once-in-a-lifetime player with a rocky past abroad, a down on his luck basketball scout (Adam Sandler) takes it upon himself to bring the phenom to the States without his team’s approval. They have one last chance to prove that they can make it in the NBA, despite all odds.
- Peaky Blinders Season 6 | June 10th
- The Shelbys lose a great deal. Four years later, Prohibition’s end turns Tommy toward the opium trade, forcing him to ally with his worst enemies.
- Iron Chef: Quest for an Iron Legend | June 15th
- Rising food stars face off with Iron Chef icons – Curtis Stone, Dominique Crenn, Marcus Samuelsson, Ming Tsai and Gabriela Cámara. The battle royale finale is only for the best, and there are chances to win the Iron Chef Legend title and the gold knife. Alton Brown and Kristen Kish are joined by Mark Dacascos, The Chairman.
- Spiderhead | June 17th
- Two prisoners form a close bond as they deal with their pasts in an ultra-modern penitentiary. The facility is managed by a brilliant visionary who experimentes on his subjects using mind-altering drugs. Based on The New Yorker short story. “Escape From Spiderhead,”George Saunders
- SPRIGGAN | June 18th
- An ancient alien civilization’s relics on Earth hold dangerous powers. The ARCAM corporation’s Spriggan agents must keep them out of the wrong hands.
- It (2017) | June 19th
- Seasons 1 & 2: Kenan & Kel | June 21st
- The Umbrella Academy Season 3 | June 22nd
- After putting a stop to 1963’s doomsday, the Umbrella Academy return home to the present, convinced they prevented the initial apocalypse and fixed this godforsaken timeline once and for all. But after a brief moment of celebration, they realize things aren’t exactly (okay, not at all) how they left them.
- Money Heist: Korea – Joint Economic Area | June 24th
- Thieves have overtaken the mint of a unification Korea. With hostages trapped inside, the police must stop them — as well as the shadowy mastermind behind it all.
We’ll be back next month with more of the best new releases coming to Netflix. Also, we’ll have plenty of other Nextflix coverage so you don’t miss a thing.
Get more Netflix coverageYou can find more information at Netflix’s latest movies and series.