New update Battlefield 2042 is set to fix hundreds of issues, and it’s out tomorrow.
- READ MORE ‘Tim In Listening Party Land’ – inside the retro-aesthetic game based on Tim Burgess’ Twitter phenomenon
The team stated this in a blog post on the EA site:
“Update #3 will be available on December 2. We’ve enjoyed seeing you join us on the Battlefield since launch, and would like to thank you for your continued feedback.”
“With this update we’re addressing further bugs and feedback areas which we’ve observed through your gameplay since November 12. This means you can expect a large amount of fixes, balance changes and quality of life enhancements to come your way. And lastly, as we’ve kicked off the pre-season there are some new things to look forward to as well!”
Below are the patch notes.
Improvements, fixes, and changes
- To facilitate user reporting, the Recent Player screen now includes everyone from previous matches.
- Improvements made to the “Interaction”System by changing the default “INTERACT”Multiple interactions can be used to text to indicate the action you’re about to perform, i.e. “OPEN CONTAINER”, “CALL ELEVATOR”
- Kaleidoscope server room lighting problem solved
- Problem with velocity / trajectory when spawning in jets was resolved
- Improved helicopter animation during insertion
- Improvements to fix an issue in which players are killed by vehicles would be below level geometry
- Improvements in streaming assets to deploy screen presentation
- After exiting a vehicle too close to a rope or zipline, a player will no longer get stuck in a rope/zipline.
- Your aim pitch will not lock up if you leave an open seat in the enter animation too early.
- Following insertion sequences, the correct field of view must be applied immediately
- Improved the Collection screens, making them easier to use and clear as to what you’re interacting with
- Improved the ways in which you’re able to manage your attachments via the Collection screen to reduce the number of interactions you need to have when building your loadouts
- Additional polish can be added to our Player Card Screen and End of Round screen (EOR)
- New markers have been added to make it easier to locate your newly unlocked items
- Screen transitions improved when entering or returning to the Main Menu
- Improved Report a player flows, focusing on toxicity and cheating
- The in-game scoreboard is now able to adjust to match screen safe zone settings
- Fixed instances where the scroll function didn’t work in the Options screens
- Focus restoration was implemented on screens in order to remember the focus button when you enter a screen again.
- End of Round: Fixed visual effects are still visible
- Increased responsiveness to CommoRose opening
- Fixed inactive objectives showing in the CommoRose for defenders in Rush & Breakthrough
- Rush attackers are not allowed to see the CommoRose with fixed objectives
Matchmaking & Friends
- The experience was improved between EOR & the Main Menu
- Reliability in Matchmaking and lower instances of Matchmaking Failure
- Crossplay invitation flows improved
- Rich presence update issues fixed, so that friends can track you better in Game
- Servers that are not responding to requests, causing rounds to fail to start properly.
- Fixes for Friend Invitations for players using PC
- Fixed an issue that caused the friends list to sometimes not be up-to date
Progression and Unlocks
- Weekly missions introduced, offering set challenges that reward cosmetic unlocks
- Additional 1st Match Bonus of 1000 Dark Market Credits to Hazard Zone
- Reliability and overall XP/Rank tracking have been improved
- Tracking Improved Mastery rank
- Reliable Player card tracking improved
- Once the item has been unlocked, it is impossible to see the required level in order to unlock it.
- Fixed a bug where Mastery Badges weren’t displaying within the Portal Collection menu
- Fixes an issue where Angel resupplies were not being awarded XP
- The Collection menu now shows 3D renderings of the vehicles.
- A notification was added when reaching a new tier of Player Card Badge.
- A notification was added when you reach a new Mastery level.
- A variety of visual flickering, stuttering and other issues were addressed
- Water rendering improvements when Aiming Down Sight is used (ADS).
- Added sight definition of iron sights to enable correct ADS in the VCAR
- Leaving ADS is now smoother than before on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles
- Multiple graphical issues that affect water reflections were addressed
- Problem with character rendering in match-in-progress for players
- Amended artifacts affecting DLSS implementation
- Fixed flickering at the oasis water in El Alamein during deployment
- Fixed animations may sometimes fail to work when picking up weapons from the ground
- Sometimes, fixed aircrafts have the wrong landing gear visuals
- Corrected issue that could cause incorrect bullet impacts when shooting near water
- Fixed Ju-87 Stuka Gunners Seat firing visual effects, not aligning with the aircraft
- Shifted PSO-1 – Move forward on the AN94 to stop clipping onto screen while in idle
- Fixed skinning issues with several PP-29 Weapon Skins
- More than 150 fixes, small modifications, and improvements to all our Maps
- Level geometry improvements across all levels to fix issues such as players getting trapped or snagged
- Multiple spawning issues solved
- Resolved visual issues such as skydome lens flare, visible seams and skydome lens flare
- A large number of placement and collision problems were solved
- Issues that affect local audio placement in multiple Maps were addressed
Battlefield Hazard Zone
- Improvements to the visual presentation for Dark Market Credits
- To remove the names of enemy squads from the Squad or Player Screen, modify the Squad Screen
- Modified Scoreboard to not show connected enemy players
- Extraction Zone has been enhanced with flares that provide extra cover and better visibility.
- New spawn locations added for the initial Data Capsules
- Increased Data Drives Initial Data Capsules Can Contain
- Made improvements to the Data Drive Scanner’s accuracy and enemy identification
- Problem solved where two teams could extract simultaneously
- Resolved warnings to alert players they’re being scanned sometimes not appearing
- Data Drive pickups made it easier to interact
- A distance read-out was added for the next extraction point.
- Improvements to the placement of the end-of round camera
- The “Modify”Now, click the button in the lobby to return to the Perk tab
- Initial Data Capsules are now limited to spawning a maximum of 4 Opposing Forces
- When you leave the extraction Condor, any drones found inside will be destroyed
- For completely eliminating an enemy squad, you can get XP
- Redeploy icons are now available in the soldier and vehicle icon.
- Fixed players are sometimes able to grab more data drives than their maximum capacity
- Fixed instances when the Round Bonus XP was incorrect and the End of Round did not trigger correctly
- Fixed an issue that caused the lobby countdown to not start when the player was tabbed out
- Summary information: Reduced width of the lobby
- Added an animation and audio cue when the player’s Remaining Balance changes in the lobby
- The lobby now has a single tab for Combined Tactical Items
- Enhanced the clarity of lock icon visuals while in lobby
- Addition of an option to quit while players wait to join the lobby and pre-round menu
- A problem in the lobby made it difficult to determine what tactical items are being selected.
- Corrected an issue in which voice-over was cut too soon at the end.
- Extracting players fixed issues with voice-over
- Fixed problems with random audio triggers in the Data Drive Scanner
- If the squad is eliminated, it can be fixed by replacing missing music
- Information added for the Pause Menu
- Additional support for reporting servers from the Pause Menu
- Server admins can now write periodic messages.
- The Server Settings screen has been simplified
- Corrected an issue that bullet spread was too high while trying to fire while zooming right after sprinting for Portal weapons
- Modifiers Tab for FFA game modes fixed maximum human players being displayed incorrectly
- Different loading music was added depending on the Portal map being loaded
- Vehicles will not spawn if they have a low Max Health multiplier.
- Portal aircraft now correctly display their bombs and missiles.
- To show when the next sector will begin, Rush has added a UI indicator.
- Reloaded several Launchers and fixed a visual problem (RPG-7 SMAW, Bazooka & Panzerschreck).
- Layouts of Rush Game Modes for All 2042 All-Out Warfare Maps (through Portal
- Vehicle Team Deathmatch mode now available
- New official Team & FFA Gun Master templates
- Official Infection Template Updated
- In order to add more logic, we added the ability of detecting which players were killed.
- Allow the portal SetTeamId to be used with AI
- Fixed issues with the Binoculars
- Fixes an issue that caused Sd. Kfz 251 Halftrack could sometimes dip into terrain
- Fixed an issue that caused the 9K22 Tunguska-M to take too much damage from some vehicle MG’s
Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
- Improvements to the M416 reload animation
- Now, the Tracer Dart locks securely on tagged vehicles
- Mortar strike cannot be fired if it is not zoomed
- Tuning to the UAV-1
- Fixed a bug which could have caused the M3A3 Bradley primary to cease firing and the APFSDS T Shells to continue firing unabated
- Fixed a bug in the SOFLAM/MAV gadgets not recognizing their old aim direction after a player has re-entered them
- Fixed an issue that caused the SOFLAM, EOD Bot, and MAV gadgets to display a preview model after it was already placed.
- Added classic voice over lines to damage/kill an enemy using a Defibrillator with BF3 Assault characters
- Now, the reload time for both the Mi-28 Havoc Rocket Pods and AH-64 Apache Pods is identical
- EOD Bot now supports driver orientation with a Vehicle Status Icon
- To match the health of all jets, we rebalanced Su-35BM Flanker-E
- Two firing types are now available for the FGM-148 Javelin
- C-RAM and Pantsir stationary: Balancing pass
- Guided Rocket – Increased reload time
- MAV has been updated to fix passive spotting issues
- A number of visual, sound, and gameplay enhancements were made to weapons, vehicles and gadgets.
- The Plus Menu customization experience has been improved
- Navigation issues fixed on the Player Card Collection screen
- A new option has been added to choose the color of the damage indicator for vehicles and soldiers
- Added a new crosshair option to change damage indicator shape thickness between: Thin – Medium – Thick’
- The replaced the “Accessibility”Use the button to access the Experience Selection “Accessibility & Options”
- The color picker preview in the Options menu was often showing black instead of the actual colour
- When occluded, pinged objects are now visible
- Conquest has been able to reduce the number of messages in the world log due to tune information spamming. In particular we reduced messages about flag state changes so that they’re not as distracting
- Breakthrough: Tuned capture times
- Breakthrough improved out-of-bounds defender spawning to ensure safer spawning
- Improvements to Breakthrough UI. You can now track your progress with a Game Mode Widget.
- The Game Mode Widget in the Scoreboard has been updated so that it emphasizes sectors and attackers reinforcements. This widget is only displayed while Rush and Breakthrough are being played.
- Elapsed time is now added and trackable in both the Scoreboard & Deploy Screen.
- Added a pulsating effect on the Team 1 (attacker) score and progress bar when their tickets are =< 25% of their initial tickets. This effect can also be found in the GMW, Scoreboard, Deploy Screen and HUD for Rush and Breakthrough.
- UI improvements were made to indicate when an attacking team has reached its last sector
- Made UI improvements to indicate when a sector is lost by the defending team
- Fixed an issue that caused the End of Round screen display to show incorrect scores for the attacking teams
Dynamic World Improvements
- We have addressed issues affecting late-joiners in VFX
- Correctly aligned the bridge behavior on Kaleidoscope, for late joiners to match
- Correctly aligned the destructive silos for late joiners in Renewal and Orbital
- Improved interaction between SG-36 Sentry gun and elevators
- Improvements to Interact prompts and Quality of Life fixes
- Visual effect enhancements for smoke and tornado visual effects
- A large number of collision issues were resolved by large-scale animation events
- Audio experience for sandstorms improved based on location
- Audio destruction improvements
- Adjusted the timing of automatic doors
- Added a UI element to show nearby players that can revive your within 50m of you being taken down
- Added a UI element to show incoming revivers after you have been pinged and downed by someone who wants to revive.
- Nearby friendly players will display a resource icon on their heads if they are short of ammo and health. This means that they can help you get ammo or food.
- Improved navigation with Big Map Resolution
- Health bars added to enemy vehicles (upto 200m) or enemy soldiers (upto 50m)
- To reduce icon clutter, all player world icons are now scaled to adjust for distance.
- The time before the revive is visible to the player who has been knocked out
- Fixed an issue that friendly player icons were sometimes not hidden behind walls. This caused screen clutter.
- Fixed an issue in which friendly soldiers’ blue UI icons were missing when a player is downed
- Fixed an issue where some player names don’t show when looking at multiple soldiers or vehicles next to each other
- The visibility behavior of fire mode icon in HUD has been changed. The fire mode icon will now be visible by default if it’s possible to change the fire-mode. The behavior can be changed to allow the fire mode icon to always be visible (even if it’s not possible to change fire mode) or turned off. The option is called “Fire Mode Indicator” under “HUD”There are many options
- A new option has been added that disables the prompts for buttons visible in the HUD
- Additional message: When you are healed by another player, tell them which one.
- Additional information about which player has ammo to get ammo from others
- Corrected an issue in which IFF markers of squad members did not change with the colorblind option
- Improved visibility of IFF markings over long distances
- Fixed an issue in which IFF markers wouldn’t be visible under low video settings
- Fixed an issue where the HUD/UI sometimes wasn’t visible when joining a Portal game after quitting the previous Portal match
- After four seconds, Reload UI hints stops pulsating.
- The HUD now has the option to hide or show button prompts
- Added an option to show or hide the Reactive hints in the HUD (reload, low on ammo etc…)
- Added an option to customize the visibility of the fire mode indicator’s prompt and icon in the HUD (When available, Always ON, ADS Only)
- Fixed issue where Bots sometimes didn’t revive players
- Improved Bots helicopter handling
- Improved Bots combat certain behaviors
- Improved Bots gamemode behavior
- Increased reliability of many ability sounds offscreen such as flares, SOB-8 ballistic shield, flares, wingsuits, parachutes, vehicle smoke discharges, and system repairs
- Improved weapon audio for enemies firing on the player, even from a distance
- With incoming missile warning sound, switched lock-on warning sound
- End of Round Tweaked Audio
- Added a “ping” sound “Request Revive”Help mark your spot
- Change the sound you use to ping a friendly player
- Redesigned suspension sounds and gearshifts for ground vehicles
- Vehicle low health means that warning and transmission sounds won’t be repeated.
- Alarm sound switched on with an incoming missile warning sound
- Audio for damaged engine fires
- It’s now easier to hear the LCAA Hovercraft when it’s behind players
- Loadout Crate
- To indicate that the magnetism will give the armor to the player who has an outline, players that need armor can now receive it.
- Players can scroll when more than four loadouts are available by using the Loadout Crate
- Polish and visual effects on the destruction and despawning Loadout Crate
- Loadout Crates share the cooldown to resupply the Loadout Crate.
- A unique sound was added when you pick up armor
- Added the ability to self-apply armor with Angel’s Supply Bag
- Loadout Crates cannot now be called in when placed underneath tall buildings
- A hand gesture animation has been added to the Loadout Crate.
- The angels armor and ammo supply pouch now auto targets friendlies with low ammo, and not just low armor
- Fixed an issue in which switching to Irish via Portals SetPlayersSoldier command would cause Deployable Cover to stop playing any animations
- Updated Irish’s gadget preview video found on the “More Info”Screen
- DCS Deployable Insurance
- Fixed an issue in which the DCS Deployable Minimap Icon wasn’t displayed correctly
- Improved reliability of the DCS Deployable Cover’s deployable placement allowing placement on more angled surfaces
- SOB-8 Ballistic Shield
- Fixed an issue where the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield didn’t block bullets when inside an elevator.
- Fixed an issue where Dozer would not be targeted by Boris’s SG-36 Sentry Gun and AI ignoring the user while having a SOB-8 Ballistic Shield equipped.
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t enter vehicles while the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield was equipped
- Reviving was difficult when the SOB-8 Ballistic shield was installed. This has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where killing a player with the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield would also take the victim’s dogtag.
- Fixed an issue where players were flung up in the air after being melee’d by Dozers with his shield equipped
- Fixed bug in which Dozer could steal a takedown kill by friends using shield bash
- Reduced Dozer’s deflection damage from his shield
- Removed the headshot multiplier from Dozer’s deflection damage
- Cyber Warfare Suite
- Added a short grace period for Rao’s Cyber Warfare Suite when something occludes the target being hacked. This is especially helpful when hacking vehicles that are driving in front of trees.
- Fixed an issue that the Cyber Warfare Suite would cause “Enemy Hacked”Voice over, without any eligible enemies present
- EMGX Scanner
- Sound effect added to the EMGX Scanner’s scans of victims
- AR-Scanner’s missing sound was corrected when the owner of the capability is unavailable
- The EMGX Scanner should now detect targets higher or lower than Paik.
- Disabled EMG-X scanning while in vehicles
- Fixed the EMG-X Scanner’s “target found”Audio effect does not work for targets beyond 20m
- OV-P Recon Drone
- Fixed an issue that prevented the user from deploying the OV-P drone while in a prone posture
- Increased visibility of enemy drones, now with lights that make it easier to see.
- After exiting from the OV-P Recon Drone players can switch back to their old weapon.
- Updated OV–P Recon Drone EMP Hint Message to clarify that firing requires a lock
- Increased range of EMP on the OV–P Recon Drone
- Fixed an issue where Casper’s OV-P Recon Drone is sometimes unable to lock onto enemy targets
- Increased the OV-P Recon Drone’s movement speed
- Increased the OV-P Recon Drone’s hitbox size to make it easier to hit.
- Adjusted “near drone” spotting distance
- Adjusted the size of the spotting area when controlling the drone’s camera view.
- SG-36 Sentry Gun
- Instead of being destroyed by the owner, the SG-36 Sentry Gun is now going to be destroyed upon the owner’s death.
- Fixed an issue where Boris’ SG-36 Sentry Gun would not be able to acquire targets that are near a vehicle
- Moved Sundance’s scatter grenade to detonate after first bounce to allow victims the chance to move away if they are thrown at low altitude
- Fix for an issue that the crosshair of the repair tool was visible in the wingssuit when you entered it.
- Fixed an issue that caused 1p visibility while flying when the Wingsuit was uninstalled and then deployed.
- Grenade Belt
- Fixed an issue where the Sundance’s Anti-Armor grenade could get stuck circling in air after the targeted vehicle deploys counter-measures or attempt to target another vehicle instead
- Adjusted the behavior of Sundance’s splitter fragment grenades to bounce once before detonating
- S21 Syrette Pistol
- Lock On and Lock Off sound for the S21 Syrette Pistol have been added. These sounds are used to identify a target by the magnetism from the S21 Syrette Pistol
- To indicate that the magnetism is firing at the target, players who have to be able to receive health will now have a white outline.
- Added healing VFX for when you’re being healed by the S21 Syrette Pistol
- Sound feedback is available for S21 Syrette Pistol healing.
- Grappling Hook
- After changing FOV settings, an issue was fixed in which the Grappling Hook rope became misaligned in front the gadget.
- Repair the vault following the Grappling hook animation. This could cause camera jerks and/or provide no animation.
- Grapple Gun’s damage is reduced
- Fixed issue where missile countermeasures sometimes didn’t work, causing missiles to not blow up and instead reacquire the same target
- Consolidated exit position for vehicles
- Improved vehicle controller vibration
- Fixed an issue that caused the MD540 Nightbird Mounted-20mm Cannons to appear frozen when they hit the ground
- The MD540 Nightbird Mounted Miniguns are balanced and spread convergence
- AH-64GX Apache Warchief & KA-520 Super Hokum 127mm Anti-Vehicle Rocket Packs will no longer have blast impulse upon firing
- Fixed an issue in which LCAA Hovercraft players couldn’t shoot through the front window.
- The F-35E Panther repair mechanism capability was missing from customisation.
- Option to toggle the vehicle boost or hold it.
- Fixed an issue that caused vehicles to take double damage when hit by glass.
- Improved flying behavior of TOW Missile Projectiles
- The blast impulse from Attack Helicopters Anti Vehicle Rocket was removed. This caused vehicles to be nudged on hit
- Fixed instances in which vehicles would sometimes become stuck to the world geometry
- An issue that prevented the Ranger turning into a Ragdoll upon destruction was fixed. It will now look much more natural to destroy the Ranger.
- Fixed a bug that Ranger wouldn’t connect to players who called them in after being taken down.
- Some wheeled cars continue to roll backwards even after reverse is released
- Vehicles – Speed effect adjusted FOV
- Land vehicles may sometimes be able to get “stuck”Driving on top of something can cause all or most wheels to lose contact with ground. These situations can be easily escaped by using normal throttle and steering inputs.
- Fixed kill camera that is sub-ground when someone is killed in a vehicle
- Fixed issues that prevented visual hits from being registered when firing on an enemy target. Note: further improvements are still being investigated
- Fixed the 8X Scope, which had a quicker ADS time than all the others
- Fixed M44 revolver that chambers an extra bullet. It can now correctly reload 5 bullets, instead of 6.
- A problem was fixed where soldiers couldn’t shoot after being hacked from a vehicle
- Reduced delay between throwing grenades and switching back to weapons
- Fixed an exploit which allowed for unlimited ammo, rapid-fire grenades and unlimited ammo from the 40mm Underbarrel attachments
- The proximity indicator on the 40mm AP projectile is no longer displayed incorrectly
- You can now get ammunition for 40mm Underbarrel attachments and other ammunition types
- These optics can be used with a PK-A or Kobra that has been adjusted for reticle brightness and position.
- Reduced effectiveness of NTW-50 in combatting vehicles
- Anti Materiel rounds magazine increased in size to 5
- Damage multiplier for heavy vehicles by lowered anti-materiel rounds
- All vehicles are subject to the lowerered anti-materiel heavy rounds damage multiplier
- Gadgets do not pause their cooldown when a player enters a vehicle.
- Instead of being destroyed, gadgets will be able to move with elevators
- If flared, Carl Gustaf and RPG, Wildcat missile AA missiles, Bolte ballistic missile barrage won’t re-lock onto vehicles
- Orbital glass has adjusted to allow grenades through windows, instead of bounce back at players
CG Recoilless – M5
- Fixed a bug in which the CG Recoilless M5 wouldn’t lose its lock on enemy air vehicles when it was locked on via SOFLAM Designer and target deployed countermeasures
- Recoilless M5 adjusted range finder and flight time information to better reflect the proper gameplay capabilities / timings
- Fixed an issue where the C5 explosive blast damage could sometimes be inconsistent when detonating the C5 explosive on a moving vehicle
- Corrected an issue in which the C5 Explosive server was not properly synced with client positions
- To improve responsiveness, we adjusted the deploy time and decreased the delay before it can be detonated.
- Fixed an issue in which the visual SOFLAM Designer UI elements were still visible on the screen while zoomed.
- Fixed the SOFLAM Designator’s tooltip text being misaligned
- Fixed an issue that prevented Mines and other deployables from triggering sound effects when deployed inside a vehicle
Ammo Crate and Medical Crate
- Fixed an issue in which the Medical Crate cooling down was activated when you were at Full HP
- Adjusted Medical and Ammo crates’ trajectory to align with the animation of the throw and address jitter
- Increased responsiveness to Medical and Ammo crates deployment. You can now throw them faster after you have selected them
- Fixed an issue in which the resupply animation wouldn’t play when you resupply gadgets from the Ammo Crate
- The Smoke Grenade’s detonation behavior has been changed. It will now bounce before it explodes.
- Corrected an issue in which Smoke Grenades were susceptible to being destroyed by bombs or bullets
- Fixed an issue where the VO was not triggering when an enemy Specialists’ Smoke Grenade has been thrown
- You must ensure that the grenade warning symbol does not draw beneath certain elements of HUD such as the minimap
- This issue was fixed so that the Repair Tool could repair vehicles without having to face the vehicle.
- The Repair Tool has been made easier to use and is now more efficient in terms of equipping.
- Fixed an issue in which the Insertion Beacon wouldn’t make any sound when it was picked up.
- EMP now prevents Insertion Beacons from spawning
- Reducing the time taken before the Insertion Beacon has been placed after being thrown
FXM33 AA Missile
- FXM-33 AA missile reload sound effect will now fit in the animation of loading
- Extended animation of FXM-33AA Missile reload
- Additional turn-in place animations for two-handed gadgets
- Properly balancing your legs in the air, and pointing forward will cause you to fall off the object. However, it is worth taking some time to correct this.
- Low quality animations at the distance can reduce the likelihood of Specialists being seen
- To avoid legs blocking the view, adjust the position of the legs when they fall.
- Swimming animations with adjusted soldier animations
- Specialized visual adjustments and fixes
- You can see players floating in the air if you address issues such as players falling onto thin surfaces. If the surface is too small, they will fall.
- Fixed a bug that could have caused players to get stuck on the ground in a swimming state
- Fixed animation to deploy missing weapon animation when switching from water to land
- Issues fixed where soldiers sometimes didn’t follow the ground while sliding
- Fixed an issue that jumping would be buffered in the event of holding jump when standing up from crouching or prone position
- Problem fixed: It is now possible to look up and downward while standing on a slope.
- Fixed an issue that character hands did not come into contact with ladders at higher FOV than the default.
- This issue was fixed. You could now see your headless first-person body when climbing ladders.
- Fixed an issue in which setting the “Always Traversal Sprint”Sometimes, Option wouldn’t allow the player the speed they want to sprint at.
- An issue was fixed where swimming while traversing sprint resulted in incorrect swimming animations.
- Fixed an issue in which your first soldier wouldn’t play the correct sprint animation.
- A problem was resolved whereby certain vehicle weapons could cause injury to soldiers and damage the parachute.
- A problem was fixed where third person animations could get stuck inside a prone-turn in place loop even if you have stopped turning
- Changed the sound timing for takedowns of enemies who are prone
- Increased speed of weapon switching when watching another player attack
- Reduce the range at which you can melee a person
- It is no longer possible to perform a takedown against a soldier who climbs a ladder.
- When you are able to push unoccupied light vehicles, you can use it to help vehicles that get stuck.
- Fixed an issue that players could sometimes be thrown into the air when using melee
- Fixed takedowns of enemies lying prone are not effective from all angles
- Fixed an animation issue when taking down an enemy that is prone up stairs
- Fixed a camera bug to allow meleeing players standing on a moving platform.
- Fixed a bug that melee attacks in the water could result in the player being in a broken condition
- Fixed an issue that players could gain velocity by jumping on and off ladders and hitting melee.
In other news, Bethesda recently spoke about the depth of Starfield‘s universe in a developer diary, and we broke down some of the biggest takeaways.