Anaheim man was possibly linked to attempted kidnapping. Chase

Authorities said that a man suspected of being involved in the kidnapping attempt against Anaheim girl last week was taken into custody after a pursuit in Orange County.

The attempted kidnapping occurred around 2:45 PM on March 31, while the victim was walking back from Dale Jr. high School.

Anaheim police reported that authorities received numerous calls regarding a man trying force a 13 year-old girl to get into a vehicle at the 2600 block West Ball Road.

The student was contacted by the man and asked for help. “shove her into the passenger seat of the vehicle,”According to police

After being grabbed, the girl kicked up and screamed. Numerous witnesses called 911.

“It basically spooked the suspect, thankfully,” Sgt. Jacob Gallacher spoke to KTLA.

The truck that the man was driving was described as a “truck” and he took off. Toyota Tundra, Ford F150, equipped with a gray tool shelf in the truck bed.

About 2:30 p.m. Friday, authorities spotted a vehicle that matched the description of the suspect’s truck in the area of Lambert Road and Sunflower Street in Brea.

Police said that the driver led officers in a pursuit at high speed as they tried to stop him.

The chase lasted approximately an hour, and the driver managed to evade authorities on the freeways 57 and 5.

California Highway Patrol officers deployed spike strips at one time. Police said that the chase ended near the 5 Freeway and La Paz Road exit ramp in Mission Viejo.

The driver, a 31 year-old Anaheim resident, was taken to hospital complaining of pain.

Investigators are trying to find out if the pursue suspect was involved with the kidnapping attempt.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here